There's a neon light ablaze
in this green smoky haze
laughter down on Elizabeth Street

Sunday, March 7, 2010

millicent


(I made Millie get in this box at work one day. No idea why, but what can I say, I'm strange...but she actually did it, so maybe she's strange too.)

Today my close friend/sister I never had left for Haiti. I think it goes without saying, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers! She's probably going to see some things that no one would ever wish on their enemy. Also pray she doesn't try to smuggle a child back in with her. I'd hate to have to write her in prison. Plus, she wouldn't last two seconds in jail. I mean, look at how miserable she was when I made her get in that box. She looks completely claustrophobic. An 8x8 cinderblock cell with Big Bertha and her 5 o'clock shadow and FUPA is not going to be any better...It's not like I would last in jail either, but I would never do anything illegal so there's no risk of me landing in the slammer. None. at. all. Lizzie Lawful is what they call me...

Anyway, there's some great opportunity to rebuild Haiti in a good way. Clemson's architecture school has actually been doing studies on container ship housing and was featured on one of my favorite websites. I'd love to be involved in something like that for Haiti. Also, Andres Duany, the practical father of New Urbanism, has donated his talents to the relief effort. Really cool. I'd also love to work for him in a completely selfish regard, but if I was able to do something really great as well, then added bonus!

On a totally unrelated note, a man moved into the "shack" that's on our farm. I have no idea why anyone would choose this house as their abode, but he has and that's fine. Well, it would be nice if he were a little less of a redneck and clean up his cussing yard, but that's not why I'm mentioning him to you. I'm mentioning him because he has two beautiful labs-a chocolate and a yellow. (I almost bought a yellow lab the other day by the way and would have if I didn't have such awesome plans for the summer that I'm not prepared to talk about yet.) ANYWAY, whenever I drive by his "house" and see the dogs outside I throw them up the peace sign! What the cuss do I do this for?! I realized it the other day and started laughing to myself. What am I trying to convey to these dogs...that I am cool with their existence? That I want them to be in peace? Again, I'm strange...Sully understands though, we email about it. I guess I'm just really missing having a dog. One day I'll have my own and I'll stop having part ownership in a dog. Oh, the future! How great it will be!

Alright, that's all I got. I will leave you with a quote from Gang Gang though. So, we were watching t.v and a McDonald's commercial came on and it must have evoked some strong emotions in her because she goes, "I remember the first time I EVA had a chicken nugget. We were at the World's Fair in Knoxville, TN and it was just wonderful. I remembered thinking, 'wow, no bones! How do they do that?'. It was sometime in the early 80s." Wow. The woman remembers a lot, but seriously being able to recall upon your first chicken nugget with such fondness is a feat.

Oh and I'd like you to enjoy some doggie photos as well.
Sully and Teddy. The two things in this world I might love the most. Sorry to my friends and family, y'all come second. Just kidding! Kind of...

And now the pups and the mother of the pups with the mother of all teets...
I think I deserve a medal of self-controll for not buying one of these guys. One even crawled up in my lap and told me he loved me...

Bye.

2 comments:

  1. I read your post on Sass's blog about married people. Does it help that I'm married and scared out of babies? Like terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the marrieds! I mean not to offend! I'm just nowhere near that place in my life and can't relate! I still love you! Don't be scared of babies, just be cautious of babies...Ha! Timing is everything and I guess (maybe?) there'll be a time for me to get married too, just not anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete