There's a neon light ablaze
in this green smoky haze
laughter down on Elizabeth Street

Friday, February 26, 2010

Insert Clever Title Here.


So I know you've all been thinking all week long..."i wonder how that honky tonk Lizzie went to was?" And the answer can be summed up by this: I'm still laughing about it. No, really. I'll be walking down the street and just start laughing! I know people think I'm crazy, but it's totally uncontrollable! I'm not even laughing at the fact that I went to a honky tonk in LOACHAPOKA, AL either, I'm laughing about my conversations with the professor I went with. We were the first people to get to Fred's, which is an old feed & seed store. She, being from Rome, was like, "what the cuss is this about!?" and me being from Charleston, but having some experience with farm life now, was just as baffled. (I live on a farm, but have never performed any farmly duties. That may make my experience less authentic, but who cares.)

We sat around and drank beer for about an hour and a half and she sampled the refined menu options of duck and sausage gumbo and a chicken "panini" until people started showing up and the honky tonk got under way. She laughed at what they called a panini seeing as it was just a grilled burrito. (There's a restaurant in town that claims to make panini's, but they don't have anything on the menu close to what you get in Italy or even any city and it pisses me off to no end!)

Anyway, I had a great time! So much so that I'm going out with her Saturday to check out a band called Lucero. It's supposed to be a mix of punk/country rock. Yeah, what the cuss? The reason I want to go is A). Nothing else to do and B). I feel like they keep coming up on blogs I read or other people I know have gone to see them.

It's nice having someone that is up for just about anything like I am. Since I haven't yet found my musical soul mate, I find myself having to cajole people into going to shows with me. By the way, the musical soul mate does not have to be a romantic one, just someone that enjoys the same music I do and isn't afraid to check out new music.

So, that's all I have to say today.

bye.

p.s. I would like to extend a big thank you to Pearls for responding to the question I posed in my last post! And also, Katie enjoys mozzarella sticks and The Bachelor.

p.p.s My last blog post has also inspired a project for me and I hope to share it with you soon!

1 comment:

  1. bahaha! oh so true! guilty of mozzarella stick and Bachelor love! Can't wait to see what the project is!!!!

    ReplyDelete