There's a neon light ablaze
in this green smoky haze
laughter down on Elizabeth Street

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Enthusiasm...

is not my strongest emotion. I'm just not good at it. I may say I'm excited and I probably am, but the expression on my face usually does not match one that you would typically associate with elation. Do not be alarmed! I am just inept in expressing this particular emotion. I am good at melancholy, or as Millie likes to put it, "being Eeyore".

But, this is not a post about enthusiasm, melancholy, or A.A. Milne....it's about "Curb Your Enthusiasm". I like the title because they're asking me to do something that I'm already really good at.

I'm a little late in getting on the "Curb" train [disclaimer:the clip may be offensive, i personally find it hilarious], but I'm catching up rather quickly. I will watch five episodes in one night, sometimes a whole season. Anyway, watching the show has awakened a strong desire in me to be on the show. If only I were a famous comedian and Larry David would ask me to appear on a few episodes, my life would be complete! Now, this may be disturbing to some of you, but to be able to angrily and without abandon throw down the F word like they do, would be so much fun! (Anger is another emotion I tend to not express.)


Anyway, I can sometimes relate to Larry's neurosis and that scares me at times. The things he says to people are often what I am thinking in my head, but have the foresight to see that it might not be a good idea to say that.
I do have some qualms though...First, Larry likes to walk in L.A. I guess it's because he's from NY, but I don't think anyone really walks in L.A., hopefully I'm wrong though. Second, Sheryl wants to save the environment. Besides going to NRDC meetings, she drives a Prius. They keep moving into bigger houses, maybe they should stop doing that. Maybe that happens later on, but I've only gotten past season 4 so far. I do love the Prius aspect and wish I drove one myself (even if they were all recalled). They even introduced the Prius before they were cool.
Those are my only qualms, besides not being able to be on the show of course.

Well, that is all I have to say about that.
I'll leave you today with some articles I found interesting.

bye.

1 comment: