There's a neon light ablaze
in this green smoky haze
laughter down on Elizabeth Street

Monday, February 1, 2010

It's blazin in the ATL...

I got back from a fun weekend in Atlanta last night and frustration immediately sunk in. Partly because I went from a city with a plethora of options of things to do/eat/drink to a town where my choices for these said things are dwindled down to about none. The other reason was I have few friends in this place. I'm working on the latter, I wish I could work on the former, but I'm not about to open my dream restaurant that specializes in panini's and beer. Oh, and bagels. I guess I'd have some other things too, but those are my loves. ANYWAY, I've put in some applications with some people to see if they'd have a liking towards me and I'd say the prospects are fair to good. On paper I'd say I look pretty cussing amazing...I'm from Charleston, so if I had friends they'd have a free place to stay in an amazing city, I live on a thousand acres so if they wanted to be one with nature they could, and there are some other things that make me awesome, but I don't want to brag. Oh, and they'd get to hang out with my roomies (see pic below).
This may or may not have been a mind-blowing experience for them.
So, if you know anyone in Auburn looking for a good time...send them my way.

I also decided this weekend that I guess I could live in Atlanta. I used to hate it because you have to drive so cussing much, but I realized that I could live in a couple of different neighborhoods and walk to worthwhile places. I would just hate to live in a city so synonymous with sprawl. It'd be embarrassing for me. Sprawl is equivalent to the anti-Christ for planners, well the good ones at least. That, and cul-de-sacs.

Case in point:
Does this look appealing to you?
Or, do you prefer this:

I know this is a conceptual rendering, but suburban places can and do look like this, I just couldn't find a decent aerial shot.

Well, I must peace out because I have to go to a meeting with someone I hope will be my friend and not just my boss. Yes, she's in her 40s and is a professor, but I like her a lot and it's not just because she's Italian.

I wish I could leave you with a comment made by Gang Gang last night while watching the Grammy's, but I think I'd get in trouble with the p.c. police. But trust me, it was good.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment